Thursday, January 19, 2006

Time to fumigate

*SIGH* I thought we were finally done with being sick. Nathan actually had a "below-normal" temp this morning. He went down for a nap @ 11:30, woke at about 2:30 and screamed for a bit (a very normal Nathan thing to do) and then fell back to sleep. I remembered him at 4 and went to check on him. His temp was 104 F. An hour later, it had dropped a bit to 103.6 F. The doctor had given us a prescription for Zithromax (the $$ zebra medicine) to hold on to in case he didn't get better. I nearly threw it away as I was cleaning up today. I talked to the dr on the phone and he said to go ahead and get the medicine and give him a dose tonight and then again in the morning. This is Nathan's 3rd fever (though they hardly ever disappeared completely) in 3 weeks! What are we going to do with this child? He didn't eat dinner last night, only a few bites of cereal, no lunch and a roll for dinner. At least he's still drinking. I just hope that no one else gets this again.

It was my day to help in Daniel's classroom today. They had a sub (apparently had her yesterday, too). I have subbed in many classrooms, but this was my first experience with seeing the difference between the teacher and the sub. I can see why it messes kids up! I was even thrown off by the way the sub did things differently. Interestingly, the sub put me in the Math group, too. I wonder if Mrs. Weist told her to, although I never told her who I was. Oh well, we were only ordering numbers 0-20. It was interesting to see the different skill levels among the students. Daniel wasn't the best, but he was doing a lot better than most. One little girl was having trouble with identifying 0-5. A few of the kids were so fast, that I had them order them backwards.

I went visiting teaching tonight. We have one more sister to get, if we can work her schedule out against ours. I think I talk too much during the visits. I'll have to try harder not to blab so much and let someone else have a turn.

Houdini was adopted today. He won't be jumping up into our window anymore. That's kind of sad, although I won't miss hearing him whine all the time, or tripping me when I go out into the garage. He went to live with some friends in Ucon, so we'll likely see him every so often.

There is no school tomorrow. I hope to get started with B, helping her make a patchwork quilt. She said that she would like to make one and I sure have enough scraps for one. She can learn how to use a sewing machine at the same time. It's not too hard to sew a straight line (usually).

I've been walking for 3 weeks now, and long and hard enough to work up a sweat. I have been trying to eat better (and less), as well, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a very round middle (and end). The more I try to be good, the more I want a treat. I'm driving myself to insanity. I have been eating a lot more whole wheat bread and have decided to cut back a bit from that until my bowels (and Rebekah's) adjust to the difference. I don't want to start a wheat allergy for her!

So now it's a little after 10 PM. My eyelids are much heavier than it seems they should be. I hope I can avoid getting this nasty germ that seems to have adopted us. Rebekah actually slept pretty well last night (in her swing, of course) and I hope she repeats the feat. Here's a little picture of her. She is so cute and beautiful and lovable. I wish I could bottle it. She's 4 months old here (taken 2 weeks ago).

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's so big already!! So cute too (but that part I can believe- you make cute kids.) You're sick from living in ID- you need to move back to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were sick living in LV, too. I need to move back to Washington.

    ReplyDelete