Sunday, December 25, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Merry Christmas! We survived another shredding fest! But barely. They were getting tired of opening presents. (They wanted to play with the ones they already opened.) But Santa was very kind and delivered a castle. Daniel has been asking for one for over a year. He was disappointed that there wasn't a dragon, too. I told him that Santa can't bring a dragon because it would eat the reindeer. Plus, Santa knows that he's good at pretending to be a dragon. Last night, Daniel said, "I don't believe Santa Claus is real, but I will if there are crumbs." You can be sure that I made certain there were plenty of crumbs on the plate of cookies we left out for Santa!

We had church for a little over an hour then came home for lunch. I got a two hour nap after lunch. That takes a little of the edge off my exhaustion. I have been trying to restore order all evening. We had cold cereal for dinner. B probably thinks we're really lazy. We are!

We leave for Nampa in the morning/afternoon. We still don't know for sure. It's nice to have a little leisure! Nathan has been running a fever this afternoon (didn't eat lunch or dinner, but found the strength to eat a sucker 2 inches in diameter). Hopefully, he'll be over it in the morning and the others won't get it.

I think Rebekah is allergic to Houdini. She's had a cold forever and I finally thought of the cat. He's been banished to outdoors (Merry Christmas, Houdini!) since Friday night. She seems to be doing better. I've changed all the sheets and vacuumed. A little more vacuuming and some loads of laundry should help us to know for sure. She's been sleeping in her swing at night for nearly two months! Poor girl.

So Merry Christmas, World. I'm off to put away more "loot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment