Thursday, November 03, 2011

Disneyland Vacation - Day One

I haven't posted anything for a while because I've got this week-long vacation holding up the line. I'm a little crazy about getting things in order. I don't always do it, but that only makes me more crazy about the next time. And there are a lot of pictures that I have to include, but Blogger uploads pictures with such difficulty that I keep putting it all off. So enough of the excuses and on with the real story!

We had been planning a trip to Disneyland since March. We started saving a bit of the paycheck and the kids started earning spending money. This was our first trip to Disneyland. My last visit had been 14 years ago and the rest of us had never been. We were excited!

We were going to leave town on Sunday, but after the Primary Program. I posted a picture of this day last month. Review that here, if you'd like, or just scroll down to October 13th.

From there, we had lunch at home, Chad slipped out to get one last Home Teaching visit done (it was the last Sunday of the month after all) and then we headed out of town. We were only going as far as my mom's house in Utah and we weren't in too big of a hurry.

We had a pleasant car ride and only took a couple of pictures. Sarah was drawing with dry erase markers. Some day, this girl will respect markers and only draw on appropriate surfaces! But here, she drew on her face. (Later she would draw on her seat, as well.)

While Chad was trying to take her picture, she covered her eyes. When he told her to move her hands, she did this. Funny girl.



The kids had fun reuniting with Grandma, whom we see about 6 times a year (or so), and we finally got them to bed. We were steeling ourselves for a long drive to California in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment