Sunday, October 30, 2011

Daniel's Primary talk

Last week Daniel had a turn to give a talk in Primary. He wasn't too thrilled. Surprised?

I took him to Deseret Book and we bought a Mormon Ad packet that had a picture about prayer (the blue one with the white phone...for those of you still "up" on your Mormon Ad posters). He wrote his talk without too much help from Chad and me. (OK. After reading through, Daniel wrote the first half, I gave him the scripture, hoping he would tie it in somehow, and Chad gave him the "testimony." It was a joint effort.) It was kind of a funny one, so I thought I'd share it with you. Here is it...unedited. ;)

How do you talk to god? Do you run to the phone and ask your parents what Heavenly Fathers pone number is. No. You reverently get down on your knees, bow your head, and fold your arms. But what do you say? You can say anything from being gratefull that you didn't fall of the the seat in the bus to being gratefull that you didn't get yelled at by your parents. In Doctrine Covenants section 25 vers 12 it says, For my soul delighteth in the song of heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me and it shall be answered with a blessing upuon their heads. I know prayer is important. It is how I can talk to Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Crist, Amen.

I don't think I'll run spell check on this post. But what a great talk, don't you think? I can't wait for a year from now when he's giving his first Sacrament Meeting talk as a 12-year-old. I'll try to sneak it away from him then and post it for you (and us) to read over and over again. *sigh*

Joseph has a talk tomorrow morning. We haven't written it yet. Do you think we can use Daniel's?

-Having 5 kids in Primary at one time means a lot of talks, prayers, and scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment