Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jack-o-lanterns!!

The Monday before Halloween is always reserved for carving pumpkins in our family. I have to build myself up for the mess and stress that comes with it. (For this reason, I will never earn Mother of the Year. And also for my hesitation to let the kids do almost anything messy.)

But tradition cannot be ignored, so I swallow my fear of pumpkin guts and we dig right in (literally). The youngest one has always had the biggest distaste for gooey hands. Sarah was not exception (at least in this situation). She would much rather Daddy do the dirty work (that's my kind of girl)!

Joseph was willing to get his hands dirty this year. He had a pumpkin all to himself (our garden was good to us this year) and it was hard work! How nice that he could stand on the table to get a better view!

There was a pumpkin for each of us, but some of us were busy recording the moment or actually helping, so we only carved 6 pumpkins. Those two pumpkins left over were donated to another family. :)


OK...So our party of the countryside is windy. Really windy. And our front door faces the wind. We tried and tried (while we froze) to light those darned jack-o-lanterns! We never did get them lit. Oh well. They looked good, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment