Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween Decorating

A holiday means decorating. I just can't help myself. I'm not big into Halloween, really, but decorating for it is a lot of fun.

I did put some vinyl on the front door. That was fun. The only picture I took of it was on my cell phone to post on Facebook. Hmm. I'll have to get that somehow.

I did make a bunting. I used my Silhouette to do this one (of course). Too bad I don't have a good place in my house to display buntings. This wall is the best I can do. Someday...


We had the necessary spider that drops from the ceiling when the door opens. (Leah took this picture.) This is one of our favorite Halloween decorations. Occasionally, we get a big spider on the head when the door opens and we forget to look up!


I tried something new this year and painted the front window. The bats are of vinyl and the moon is just paper, but the rest is painted on. I only had black tempura paint to try with. I learned the hard way that tempura paint is not good for painting on windows. It looked great a few hours after I finished painting. It still looked OK when we left for church the next morning. But when we came home, huge pieces of paint had peeled and were fluttering in the wind. It really looked like a haunted house then! I got some washable acrylic paint at the craft store and repainted it. Yeah...that worked! I grabbed a warm moment shortly after Halloween to get a bucket of soapy water and wash it away.

Want one more scary picture?

Here's a preview of our Halloween costumes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment