Friday, October 14, 2011

Losing my mind...and the phone

I couldn't find a phone that I'd just had in my hands. After a few minutes of looking for it the old fashioned way (walking around aimlessly), I picked up my cell phone and called myself.

It was on my 3rd call (hanging up when the answering machine came on) that I finally found the darned thing. It was under a pile of clothes that I had folded BEFORE I made my last phone call. How in the heck? I can't even blame it on anyone...all the kids were downstairs (fighting).

Things must be bad if I'm doing dumb stuff like that. And to make things crazier, I just became the Box Top lady for the elementary school. I spent hours trimming Box Tops in preparation for submission. Did you know they need to be trimmed? If you are sending in Box Tops for your school, do the coordinator a little favor and trim them. You will be an anonymous angel. But don't trim off the expiration date...that makes it invalid.

Each Box Top is worth 10 cents. I threw away a couple of dollars of invalid Box Tops last night. It doesn't seem like much, but it adds up...isn't that what we tell our kids when they put a penny in their bank? With all the Box Tops and online earnings over the summer, our school will be getting a check for over $1000 this December...just for cutting those little things off the packages!

Some of you will be getting an email to sign up for online Box Tops stuff. Just delete it if you aren't interested. It is worth looking into, though. :)

There...that's my Box Top soap box.

Now I'm off to anchor my cordless phone to the wall so that I don't lose it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment