Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life

I've been busy living it. Not necessarily living it up, but I think just living is good enough sometimes.

We've been dealing with fevers and coughing and runny noses for the past 10+ days now. Six kids means a lot of little germs are simply traveling back and forth. Leah has been sick most of those days. She missed a bit of school and even went to school with a fever today just to avoid staying home again! I finally decided she did need the Rx for antibiotics and she started that this evening. I hope it works quickly.

Sarah had a bout of pink eye with an ear infection. We had that diagnosed after two days of torture; she wouldn't be happy for anything! Now she just thinks she should be held, but at least she's not twisting in my arms and crying all day. She had a fever all day yesterday even though she has been on her own antibiotic since Sat. Nothing is going to be easy, I see.

Lest you think I need to fumigate (which I probably do), this nastiness is going around. We're just one sorry family in a long line of sorry families.

Our computer committed suicide last week. I guess it had become attached to the germs (viruses) it had and didn't want to go on living without them. Unfortunately, we had bought the machine from a friend and had no product keys to anything. It's all lost and we have a new tower en route this week. Thankfully, the shop was able to save our hard drive. I SO don't want to have to retype the entire ward directory!

The Sunday School lesson coming up is on Matthew 13, which includes several parables. As of late, I've been thinking of the parable of the wheat and tares a lot. I guess most people believe it symbolizes believers verses non-believers. Other people may say it symbolizes church members verses non-church members. I am thinking it goes deeper. I can see its applications within the church members themselves. I keep running into folks who live conditionally in their religion. I'm speaking specifically LDS church members, but I suppose you could see the same situations in all religions.

I am trying not to keep my covenants conditionally. I have seen areas that I need a lot of improvement in. I think I have been pretty honest with myself, though, and have been through a bit of refining. As long as I keep moving forward, right?

This is a pretty vague testimony, I realize. I'm not looking to start a fight...just sharing some of my thoughts lately.

So tomorrow is another day. I hope we're fever-free, but I'm learning not to count on it. We'll be going Visiting Teaching, fevers or not. And Daniel has an ortho appt. I'll fake trying to have a clean house and will probably end up holding Sarah a lot and telling Joseph it's not snack time yet - at least once every two minutes.

St. Patrick's Day is Thursday (that isn't news to anyone, I'm sure) and I've made the kids some shirts to wear. I'll post pictures of those and some other shots we've collected along the way to try to liven up this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've all been sick - crud just seems to be going around everywhere. The parable I've been thinking of lately is the one where the laborers get paid the same even though some only worked an hour and some worked all day (my work is getting really frustrating lately). I don't know what the parable means, but I've been thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete