Saturday, March 26, 2011

Every penny counts!

We have plans to make it to Disneyland this year. (Have I already mentioned that?) We have set up a system for the kids to earn their own spending money. And thanks to my much loved and often used Silhouette, they now have their own bank to save in.



I etched "Disneyland" onto each jar. (They are jam jars with handles.) Chad put a slot in each lid and I painted them all black (no fights). We put each child's name on with vinyl and glued the lids on. We have a little over 5 months to save. We'll break the jars open when it's time to go and count up our totals.

Rebekah has not really earned this money; it's purely for show. Once the picture was taken, I emptied her jar and glued her lid on. Leah and Joseph are the first to earn any money. They each got a dollar tonight. :)



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these jars! I want some. Chad hit the jackpot with this gift. Something you are truly loving. Keep coming up with ideas. Maybe I'll harass you to do them with you. I really want to see this fancy tool.

    ReplyDelete