Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Christmas Cards

So, I have a confession.

Several weeks before Christmas (or was it only days?), my dad handed me 6 red envelopes, bound with a rubber band. It was the kids' Christmas gift from him. When we unpacked from our trip, I put the envelopes in a safe place...right next to the stereo. I saw them occasionally before Christmas Day and once that day, before things had settled down enough to get one more thing out.

The next time I saw them was....

yesterday. The first of March. OOPS!

Thanks, Dad! The kids REALLY liked their gifts. And it felt just like Christmas!

I hope you weren't too offended that you didn't receive a single "Thank You" letter. The kids aren't the ones to blame.

2 comments:

  1. You put things away like I do! But I can never find them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave the packet to you on Wednesday, 29 Dec, at IHOP. I did not want to risk the gift cards being lost by the US Postal Service--Ha! I did not wonder why no Colletts had called to say thanks.

    What kind of thoughts were you thinking when you realized that your dad must have forgotten to send any Christmas cards or gifts?

    ReplyDelete