Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas already?

Christmas seems to have come early this year. In fact, most of the past year seems to have sped by.

Last week we took the kids Christmas shopping for each other. It wasn't that I wanted to get it done, but rather was the prize of a bribe. I needed the boys to clean their room and bathroom, but was getting zero participation. So, I devised a plan on the spot. It was 10 AM and my deal was: Get the work done by 11 = we'll go Christmas shopping. Get the work done by 11:30 (lunchtime)= no promise for shopping, but no one is in trouble. For every 15 minutes past 11:30 it took to be finished, the boys would be grounded after school one day. Nathan was "on board" from the start, but Daniel challenged me. So I told Nathan that if he worked hard, he would be rewarded and Daniel would receive the punishments. Leah voluntarily joined in the effort and they were done in time for shopping. :)

We went a different route for presents this year. Last year we let the kids each pick something for each brother or sister. This year we told them they would work together to buy a group gift = each person only gets one present, but we won't be throwing it away in January. We got some nice gifts for them this time. I'm just glad it's not junk!

So I was wrapping those up earlier this week and felt sure that I'd never wrapped Christmas presents so early!

And then last night was the Festival of Trees performance for TaVaci. Daniel and Leah participated again. I was so surprised that it was time for this so soon, but remembered that it was even earlier last year. I am so confused lately! I need to get Thanksgiving behind me and then everything will seem more "real".

Here are the pictures from last night. I had to lighten the stage pictures since my camera flash couldn't quite reach far enough to do anything more than turn their eyes red!

Leah is center, front.


Daniel is obvious. ;)


Joseph is ready to go home!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Kaitlyn's head is in the way! I wish my christmas shopping was getting done. Maybe I will go today and get some contractions going! Good job on the bribery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get my Christmas shopping done early this year. It just seems so busy after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still distinctly remember watching the videos from last year...that is so strange that it is here again. I put up some christmas decorations and trent said, "didn't we just have those up?" yeah...my sentiments exactly

    ReplyDelete