Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Ca-WHAT?

We picked up a Vocal Point cd at the library this morning. (For those of you that are not True Blue, Vocal Point is an all male a cappella group at BYU.) I was trying to explain to the kids that all the songs were sung without any musical instruments...just their voices and maybe some clapping. The song playing was "Istanbul." During one high, whiney attempt to imitate a musical instrument, Leah asks, "Is that a chicken singing?"

I laughed out loud and told her it was just people singing. Daniel pipes up, "It was a cat." (I think he was joking.) At the end of the song and another high, whiney wail, Nathan turns to Daniel and asks, "What did the cat say?"

Oh my heck. They just don't get it!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids always have the cutest things to say! By the way, I love a cappella groups. I haven't heard True Blue yet so I'm gonna have to take a listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I see the name of the group is Vocal Point :)

    ReplyDelete