Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Understanding History

I have a deepened understanding of communities and why the women form groups. Yes, socializing is a basic need that most women seem to have. But I also see the importance of helping each other out.

I am barely keeping afloat. Much of this is my own (un)doing since I am so independent and don't accept help easily. But there is so much that I want to do or need to do that I haven't been able to do. The clock steadily ticks the minutes of my days away and I get nothing accomplished.

Christmas is coming (and that presents a whole list of things to do in and of itself). The house needs to be cleaned. Boxes need to be unpacked. The old house is still not completely empty. I have a three week old (TODAY-Happy 3 Weeks, Joseph!), a 2 year old ready to potty train, a nearly 4 year old wanting Mommy's attention, a kindergartner that gets home in the middle of the day (therefore severely limiting how far away I can go from home) and a 2nd grader who hates to do anything you WANT him to do. I'm waiting for the day when he succumbs to his procrastination and finally goes to school without his homework complete. I hope the teacher makes it unpleasant enough to motivate him for the future. I may call her myself and request a tough sentence for the Little Offender.

Joseph is still trying to figure out his days and nights. Consequently, I am, too! It doesn't help that he was circumcised yesterday and is a little extra cranky. I've typed half this post with one hand! My hair still isn't finished for the day as I couldn't even finish my shower before he started crying again. All he really wants to do is nurse. Yipee for me.

I want to run out and get a few errands done, but when can I do that? And now that I've moved farther from "civilization" it takes me at least an extra 20 minutes to be gone.

I've decided that I need at least 4 of me. One for Christmas (I guess that's just seasonal help). One for Joseph (also seasonal help, but for a longer season). One for the 4 older kids and the housework to be done (that was the old me...before 3 weeks ago). And lastly, One to sleep. I have a secret burning desire to fall fast asleep for several days.

My current goal is to curl my hair and brush my teeth before Nathan gets home in an hour.

FOLLOW UP: I did get my hair curled.

1 comment:

  1. You do need a nother hand. I can help if you need to drop kids off here anytime.

    ReplyDelete