Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ho Ho Ho - Grocery Store Santa

We were having a hard time finding Santa this year. We learned that he would be at a local grocery store and planned to visit with him on our way to the TaVaci Christmas concert. They fixed up really nice place for Santa to sit and visit with the kids. Unfortunately, people kept shopping from his perch! At least they tried to decorate it with flowers and stuffed animals. Too bad you can still see the Pepsi cases.

So here are the pictures of the kids. They didn't care that Santa was sitting on 3 oddly spaced boxes of soda pop!

Joseph

Daniel

Rebekah

Leah
Nathan
This is a picture of Daniel and Leah after their big TaVaci concert last Saturday. I have some video of them singing on stage, but it's not uploaded yet.
I have been feeling pretty funky lately. Yesterday I started with a low-grade fever during a nap. It went away. It came back today and has lingered more. I've been REALLY tired, too. I was waiting in line at Wal-Mart today and just wanted to put my head down on the foot of Joseph's car seat in front of me. Since I'm so tired, my reflexes are slowed. Maybe I'm anemic. That's been the case before. I'll try some iron pills (which means stool softeners, too) for a bit and see if things improve.
Daniel is still having trouble with wetting his pants. I took him to the dr today to see if he had a bladder infection. Nope. But she did prescribe a nasal spray that is supposed to strengthen the bladder muscle. I hope it helps, but I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't, since it was $46.75 for tiny bottle! I feel stuck with this problem. If he does have a muscular problem, how long will it last? Do we keep medicating him? Can't we just get him to go to the bathroom more? Is it really such a big deal after all? It does stink and make me roll down windows.
The kids are all very excited for Christmas in 2 days. We are pretty much ready for the big day. We're visiting my family for a few days afterward. I hope I don't end up sick for the trip. We're still working on getting someone to feed the animals. It's a little harder when you don't live in a neighborhood and you still don't really know the people at church.
The house is getting closer and closer to "moved in" status. The library made great strides today. Our room, the laundry room and my sewing room are still pretty bad. The garage, too, but that doesn't bother me as much since it's not really my responsibility.
And now I go to rescue Chad from Joseph.


1 comment:

  1. What is the medicine called? I have always had a week bladder and Kaitlyn has it too. I would love if it worked. I hope you start feeling better soon. I would take care of your animals if you lived here still!! CUTE Santa Photo's!Have a Great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete