Sunday, November 25, 2007

My First "Post"

Hello to all you new friends and family members. I am still getting to know you. I am the newest member of my family and have been here less than two weeks. I don't even know the names of my brothers and sisters.

I do know two big people pretty well. The first one is the person I spend the most time with. She's very soft and smells like food to me. I think I will call her Mommy. She has been slow to catch on, but she's finally figuring out my likes and dislikes. For instance, she finally knows that I like to eat. I'm still getting the hang of it though and so I'm not very efficient. It takes me two times to get full enough to sleep. So once Mommy thinks she's fed me and she can go back to sleep, I remind her that we're only half done and she starts over again. I think she gets pretty tired because she keeps falling asleep and leaning over me. But I'm not 100% sure of that since I fall asleep, too (it's just so comfortable!). Last night Mommy was up for almost an hour and a half until I was ready to go back to sleep. I felt a little bad about that, but I think Mommy felt worse.

Mommy is also learning that I like to sleep with the light on. She's guessing it's because I like to look around me. I don't really know why I like it. I just know I sleep better when it's on. I heard Mommy say that she doesn't care because she's tired enough to not even notice the light. And one more thing Mommy is learning about me is that I like to be held. She tries to trick me into thinking she's holding me by putting her arm under my blanket and tipping me toward her in the bed. Lucky for me, she's a light sleeper, so she checks on me all night long to make sure I don't get too close to her. I wonder if that's why she seems so sleepy all the time. I'm pretty sure she wants me to sleep in that little bed on wheels that sits by her bed. I'm pretty stubborn though and have only slept in it a few times (that's when she tricked me and put me there after I was fast asleep!)

The other person I know pretty well is a little taller than Mommy. I recognize him the best by the funny noises he makes at night. Sometimes he gets pretty loud, but I know I can always be louder if I want. I will call him Daddy. He sleeps a little better than Mommy. Sometimes I try to wake him up at night, but he doesn't seem to hear much. He is really good at changing my diaper. I try to tell him how good he is, but he doesn't seem to understand me, so I try to tell him louder. Then I get all red in the face and can't breathe for a little while afterward. (I try this with Mommy, too and the result is about the same.) At least I'm getting practice for good, lusty singing in choirs in a few more years.

I found out that I can get attention in church just by doing what feels right. I made a little noise in my diaper and at least 10 people turned to Mommy and Daddy. It must have been a good thing because everyone had smiles on their faces. Then Mommy took me to change my diaper and I did some loud, healthy singing for her. (Mommy and Daddy say "sh sh sh sh" to me a lot.)

I like this place I have come to live in. There are a lot of other people here, but they are smaller. The smallest one pinched my nose closed today. Why did she do that? I was right in the middle of one of my diaper songs! I really like it when they rub my cheek with their fingers. The biggest little person tries to help Mommy make me feel happy. He's really good at finding my pacifier for me. I think I will watch all these people here and do what they do when I get big enough. Maybe there will be someone smaller than me one day that I can teach them all this neat stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Joseph! You know, if you stick around a few years, you might even meet me - I tend to occasionally visit family. Love, Aunt Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! That could totally be a childrens book! You made me believe I was in Joseph's mind. Awesome! Save that for when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete