Wednesday, June 06, 2007

'Tis the Season

Birthday season, that is. I've baked and decorate 2 cakes within the past 5 days. We barely finished the first cake before we presented the second. Normally, this would be fine with me. Not so good with the morning sickness still lingering.

Daniel turned 7 on Saturday. He had a basketball-themed day, including the cake, a ball and a hoop. This cake was a little fun to make. It was a little interesting when it tried to roll away during the decorating, but we salvaged it. (At least, Daniel never had a clue.)
Everyone enjoyed the cake, especially Rebekah!
And today was Chad's 34th birthday. His cake wasn't as whimsical, but it didn't take any less time to decorate. (After this week, I think that professional cake decorators must have very strong hands! Mine were killing me.) Just so you are a little impressed, this cake originally said "I love you" but I changed it to "We."
The kids were more than willing to help Chad remove all the candles from his cake. Yes, there were 34!
Rebekah also really enjoyed this cake. And we enjoyed watching her.
Chad got some church shirts and a new belt. (It may look like a whip or an extension cord, but those things don't work as well in his belt loops.)
We have a family tradition to go out to dinner at the honoree's restaurant of choice. I was really wishing the yuckies were gone so I could have enjoyed my dinner and the cake a little better.
When I'm feeling better, we're getting a sitter and going out to eat, just Chad and me!
We've got some cooler weather today. We got up to 49 degrees today. We've had a lot of rain though, so at least we don't have to worry about watering for the rest of the week. The rain is supposed to continue, though and I'm a little worried about the kids' swimming lessons that start on Monday - outdoor pool.
We still have our 2 kittens. They are getting a little bigger and like to explore the house. Jingle doesn't like either one of them. We're careful not to leave him alone with them. I'm hoping he'll adjust and accept them better when they aren't so kittenish.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL AND CHAD!! Cute cakes! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with the cakes, I know how hard that is to do!

    ReplyDelete