Monday, June 11, 2007

My Sometimes Wishes

I was thinking today of things that I might wish for if I could really hope for any action from the wishing. These are things I wish for until I think of some reasons why they aren't good wishes. Here are some of my sometimes wishes, in no particular order.

I wish that my house would burn down. I cannot keep up with the all the STUFF. From too many clothes (that don't fit or do) in the drawers to too many toys that the kids are only attached to when I threaten to get rid of it, we are wading through too many worldly entrapments. But then I think that it would cost me a fortune to build up my junk piles again. Better to just live with the problem.

I wish that I could skip pregnancy. It would be so nice to receive a letter that says, "Congratulations! You can pick up your new little baby in nine months." But then I wouldn't have a good excuse for being the size I am. At least now I can blame it on 5 babies in 7 1/2 years!

I wish that I could taser my kids for disobedience. But then I would get arrested. Maybe I could have video of the behavior first and absolve me of all guilt. No. I'm sure that wouldn't be enough.

I wish I could control who my neighbors are. We have two vacant houses in our circle and we are the only house in the circle with any kids. I would like to hand select "normal" people with "normal, pleasant" children to move in. I wouldn't have to worry about Leah talking about her friends' two mommies or patting down the 3 year old (who escaped her mother for the zillionth time in one day to hide out at our house) for any toys she's trying to steal. (Yes, we have dealt with both situations.) But then if anything went sour, I'd only have myself to blame and I already carry enough guilt in a day.

I wish I could have a Thai restaurant next door. I would have Thai food almost daily. Pad Thai, Pad Gra Pow, etc. It might get a little expensive, so Chad would have to get a second job. But to have a restaurant next door would require a zoning change and our circle would get really congested with traffic (because this would be GOOD food) and all kinds of strange people. I'm already worried about the neighborhood enough. So I'll just wish for a Thai restaurant in town.

I wish that I didn't have to cook. Since I have been sick, Chad has been preparing a lot of meals and it would be really great to have someone always doing that for us. Just show up and enjoy! The way it is now, I feel yucky when I look at food that needs to be prepared and guilty when I sit down to something Chad had to make instead of me. But if someone did all the cooking for me all the time, I wouldn't be able to learn new things. I really didn't learn anything about cooking until I got married and jumped right in.

I wish that the people in this world would take care of each other. I think if we could all just offer our talents to those we see in need, we could manage this life so much easier. We should just be able to use our abilities and share our goods for the benefit of mankind and know we would be blessed likewise. Of course, that would require a world of people that would be of "one heart and one mind." The last group like that that I'm aware of was taken up to heaven. I don't have a "but" for that one. I would really like to see it happen.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally giggling at your wishes! I've had a lot of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After hearing/seeing/reading about all the terrible things that people do to one another every day, I really wish your last wish would come true!

    ReplyDelete