Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Daniel, Nathan and Leah have been in swimming lessons for 7 days now.
We had a rocky couple of days with Leah, but she's doing much better. She has to pass though a little space with showers and they terrify her, so getting in and out of the pool is rough. Otherwise, we've been able to convince her that swimming is fun and she's good at it. Heck, she's only 3. We aren't expecting her to even pass the class.
This is Nathan's second time in the Level One class. He's doing better, but I'm still not sure he'll pass. We'll see on Thursday. I don't think he trusts himself or the swimming teachers too much.
Daniel's in Level Two and thinks he's good enough to quit going to lessons. He already knows how to swim 2 ways! I occasionally remind him that if he was so great, they would have moved him up to Level Three. There are at least 5 levels.
The weather has been pretty cool, so the kids often have blue lips by the time they get out. They probably can't even tell that the pool is heated.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for swimming! We start swimming lessons when we get back from vacation. Megan's decided she wants to swim floaty free though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember swim lessons we took at Rick's College when we lived in St Anthony. Pamela surpassed me, and then I cried until they moved her back with me. I still can't swim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the kids are having fun. I need to get my kids into swim lessons :)

    ReplyDelete