Thursday, February 23, 2012

Missing

I would like my family to know that just because you read my blog and feel you have connected with me because you know a little of what we have been doing - - you haven't.

I don't know that you have read anything. I know only silence. It sounds very loud to me and sends me the message that you don't want or enjoy or require having a real conversation(relationship) with me.

The fact that I have tried to express this before (and once upon a time even made attempts to reach out), but still have not heard much from you, confirms my self-evaluation that I am unimportant to you. It has created trust issues within nearly all of my relationships. (If your own family doesn't care, who really will?)

No emails, no texts, no visits and 3-minute phone conversations tell me a lot of things. What would they tell you? Yes, you can find examples contrary to my complaint, but how many of them can you find?

I am missing you and missing from your lives and I can see that you don't care. I am trying not to care. I am not doing it very well. But eventually, I think I will master it. Just don't assume reading my blog is doing for me what it is doing for you.

5 comments:

  1. I do read your blog, I just don't comment alot. If you want to talk to Aaron or me we are just a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to comment but I stink at conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is kind of like sending out a weekly? family letter. We do not get many comments either. But we do know that you all love us and we do tell you in each letter that we love you. We do read your blog and we do appreciate you sharing your family activities with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You KNOW that you are loved, and you are missed. Wish you lived closer to us. Some people just are not communicators. Some have very busy lives and don't think to call. I think of you often and you are part of my daily conversations with people. I admire you, and love all the things about you. Your blog is checked almost everyday. I look forward to hearing about the escapades with the animals and the things the kids are up to. You are a very talented writer. Think of the the separation pioneers had with their families and they never stopped loving them or missing them. I think everyone is doing the best that they can with their busy lives. I will try to call more, as you can do also. And sometimes 3-5 mins is all I have to talk! Be happy, know that you ARE loved very much and that you are missed.

    ReplyDelete