Monday, February 06, 2012

Ribbon Rack

I bought this wood-like lazy susan at DI back in May. I had grand designs for it, but then had second thoughts and just kept it in my room for months on end. I eventually had another idea, but it took me a while to get my rear in gear!


But with a little measuring, drilling, cutting, gluing and painting, I ended up with this. (My thanks to Chad who got the drill and sand paper out of the garage for me and cut my dowels.) I painted it this morning with some paint I had on hand.


Ta Da! Now I can see all my ribbon in a simple spin and can access all of it without creating an avalanche. And I can also see that I need to get more ribbon!

6 comments:

  1. That's incredibly ambitious, and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have recently seen those in Walmart for $2.50, but maybe I'm wrong ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for solutions to organizing my ribbon. Great idea and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for solutions to organizing my ribbon. Great idea and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi cute idea that I want to copy. You mentioned drilling and gluing the dowels, but didn't explain length of dowels and depth of drilling or attachment. I need instructions please! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the diameter of your lazy susan? Love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete