Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ISO

In Search Of:

I googled myself today, using my maiden name. I got almost 6 pages of results and not a single one of them was actually me! It's like my past life has been erased. Anyone from pre-1999 will have a hard time finding me if they haven't kept contact with me or a family member. Just when you think you might have made an impact in the world!

On the other hand, I googled my current name and got 2 pages of results. They were all me! I think I'm really one of a kind! (No cracks, please.) There are even birth notices in the Las Vegas newspaper for the boys. That seems eons ago.

Before any of you leave a comment telling me about Facebook or any of it's cousins, I just say that I already know about these websites and have not joined on purpose. My blog is about as far out into the world of silent stalkers I'm ready to go right now. Well, and I also have a part in my mission web page, but those are silent stalkers I'm a little more comfortable with.

And if any of you are wondering how I have time to sit and mindlessly search for myself online, it's because I recently took a shower and am resting to regain some energy to take the kids to Wal-Mart. That's an adventure for a healthy person and a form of torture for a nauseated one!

1 comment:

  1. Dang I was going to ask you when you were going to join the Facebook world. It is fun. A lot of our ward is on it.
    The bad thing about googling myself is that my blog comments come up. I thought they were more private.

    ReplyDelete