Saturday, January 03, 2009

Mommy's special things

I am in the process of weaning Joseph. He will be 14 months old this month and I think it's time. He'd started pulling on the neck of my shirt last weekend which was a good motivator for me. Now he's down to a feeding just before bed. He's still missing his morning snuggle, but is slowly adjusting.

So now that I don't need my nursing pads as much, I didn't get as worried when Joseph found a partial box in my room and started playing with/scattering them. He really decorated the room with them. Then I found him blowing his nose on them. Very funny. Silly little boy.

I was giving the boys haircuts tonight in the bathroom. While I was cutting Nathan's hair Joseph was wandering around us, keeping himself occupied. I had to rescue the very nasty toilet brush from him at one point. Imagine my delight when I glanced down and saw him getting into my panty liners. Apparently those seem like tissues to him, too. I took the box from him and set it on the counter.

Rebekah was on the counter. Now she's interested. She wants to know what they're for! I said that they go in my underwear sometimes. She mentioned that they were very soft. I guess they are...never really thought about it. Eventually, Nathan's hair is done and he's off to the shower. So while Daniel is in the chair, Rebekah explains the purpose of the panty liners to him and says that they are very soft. Please...I don't want my 8 1/2-year-old son to know these things!

Kids. Sheesh.

4 comments:

  1. At least they didn't pull off the backs and stick them all over themselves (like my twins did). Kids are soooo much fun sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for them to stick them all over themselves as Lanell said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! This is great!

    BTW- You're well to ween now. :) I finally weened Tucker in November when I went away for my sibling reunion the day after Thanksgiving! He's over 2 1/2. He'll be 3 in March. {No I don't normally nurse this long.}

    14 months is a good time...go for it. Or else you could be like me and it will seem like a never ending nursing session. teehee

    PS} I did join up with my friend Rae for ADSR 4! I'll be posting my challenges on my blog. Go take a peek. What's your team name? Ours is "A Rae of Chaos".
    # 208 or #209---somwhere around there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to last that long. I just had a baby with a never ending hunger! I could never nurse for a year every 2 hours! Cute kids I just tell mine that they are mommy stuff.

    ReplyDelete