Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I could be sleeping

But I'm not sure how. I was almost asleep once, but then Leah came into our room whimpering that she had to go to the bathroom. I was so close! Now I'm dueling being tired with being itchy (there's another one right now) and having an active mind. Oh yeah, and someone keeps kicking me around.

The fact that I'm married to a nighttime lumberjack shouldn't be an issue anymore, but it doesn't help the current situation. He's sawed enough logs to build us a lodge in Yellowstone. How does someone snore while lying on their stomach? I thought that was a back thing. (No offense, Chad.)

My next desperate act is to take 1/2 a unisom and hope to slip into unconsciousness. That will make it harder to get up in the morning, but so does staying awake until 3 AM (since I know that from past experience).

At least the weather has finally cooled. My sweat glands are getting a rest. So are my olfactories since I don't have to smell myself quite so much. Now I'm finally comfortable, but the rest of the family is cold. Yesterday morning, the kids were wearing jackets to breakfast. Crazy.

I've been trying to clean the house up (seems I'm always doing this), but have been thwarted by an unseen force of laziness. I just don't want to do anything. Of course, the knowledge that if I do clean the kids will hide it under a fresh coat of clutter has me completely unmotivated. I mostly try to stay caught up enough to make it look nice for visiting teachers or some other visitors with limited notice. If anyone comes by and wants to venture past the living room, we're all in for some heavy embarrassment.

We've decided that it's time to get rid of the kittens. It's been a hard decision because they are so sweet and well-behaved. But we just feel a little silly paying $80/month for Daniel's allergy medicine and not even get rid of the problem. Unfortunately, we live in the country and are not the only ones with kittens to adopt out. I know I could "drop them off" somewhere, but it just doesn't seem responsible. I can take them to the shelter for a $15/kitty fee. It may come down to that.

I have a "due date" for the delivery of this ever growing baby. I like to think of it as an eviction date: 13 November. That's on a Tuesday. I'm not superstitious, but I still don't love the 13th. I don't have much choice, unless nature finally decides to take a part in this process. So now I can count weeks. That's 9 weeks from today, one week "early" if counting gestationally. This baby will be over 8 lbs. Luckily, I've not gained as much this time. It must be all the tomatoes this summer. Or the fact that I'm too lazy to get up and forage for food.

And now it's 12:30 AM. I'm supposed to be helping out in Nathan's classroom less than 8 hours from now. I guess it's time for that unisom. That or a big swig of Benadryl and a wack on the head!

Epilogue (the next morning):
I thought I was going to bed, but heard tiny meowing out in the backyard. I found that DARN momma cat with MORE KITTENS!!!! So at 1 AM I was running through my backyard in my pj's hunting kittens. I caught one then and put it in a little carrrier in the garage. I caught the other one this morning. I think she only had two this time. I'm going to use them for bait to catch that stupid cat and get her out of my backyard. This is the 3rd time in less than 15 months that she's used us for a maternity ward. That is one desirable female feline! I'm calling the shelter later today. I refuse to pay any $$ to get rid of this one. I'd still like to give the neighbors that abandoned her a large piece of my mind. That and their kids have been back recently, causing additional menacing problems.

SO AMERICA: SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!

Anyway, I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. It wasn't solid and it wasn't restful = a nap for sure this afternoon. No one call me between noon and 3 PM.

3 comments:

  1. You should take the kids and the cats to broulims or walmart and stand out front with a box. Someone will want one! I hope you start sleeping soon, you wont get any sleep when this baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you are able to get some more rest!!! I just hope that cat doesn't come over your back fence.... I would go crazy!
    Take care and get some rest - I'd be happy to have your kids come over sometime (if we can find a time when I'm - an not doing homework, since I fell behind because I was creating templates!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy cats! I hope you got a nap. I've not been able to sleep lately either.

    ReplyDelete