Wednesday, September 26, 2007

*SIGH*

We listed our house with the realtor today. We were still attacking final details when he arrived with his camera.

A ton of our very valuable but worldly possessions are in a storage unit. The rooms don't seem too small anymore. Even I've been fooled by this little trick!

My mom came for a couple of days to help us get some things done. We wouldn't have made it without her help. (The house and yard wouldn't have looked good, at least.) We appreciate her help. It was a little stressful for me, but it was a price worth paying.

I still have to go around parts of the house and eliminate fingerprints on walls. I haven't even touched the windows yet. I nearly acquired a dust allergy cleaning off the computer cabinet. I'm surprised I didn't surprise anything living.

We are tired and look forward to relaxing tonight. I look forward to no contractions in the middle of cleaning! I expect my back will stop aching in a couple of days.

Now I just have to keep it all under control. (Let's hope that it sells quickly.) I don't think I've been able to convey the seriousness of the clutter containment to the kids. Daniel looks at me like I'm crazy. I am, but that's beside the point.

In addition to cleaning and making a trip to DI (and why do I have another pile started already?), I've made two trips to the county animal shelter. I've now delivered 2 grown cats and a kitten. I'm shooting for one more kitten and one more cat, if they're dumb enough to be caught in the cat trap. My greatest triumph is that the ever-bearing mother cat is now in county custody and will be put down or spayed before being released. THANK YOU! Three litters (11 kittens) in a year is plenty of unwanted kitties.

Hopefully, I don't have any neighbors with outside cats roaming around. If it gets caught in the trap and doesn't have a collar, it's getting a free ride to the shelter! I may have felt sorry about it last year, but that humane feeling is all gone.

I still have several projects that need completing. I really have no hope that my quilt will be off the frame before we have to move it, but other things aren't so hopeless. In fact, there is an Enrichment mtg. tonight and I'll be bringing my baby afghan to work on. I think people expect it of me by now.

If anyone knows anyone looking for a decent-sized house, in a quiet neighborhood (if you don't count the barking dogs...one of which is our new neighbors. Can you believe he put up his dog kennel in the corner of his yard that is about 7 feet from the boys' bedroom window and 2 feet from where buyers would be passing? It's a little thoughtless. The kennel is closer to our house than to his!), and in a great ward - send them to our house!

OK. I'm sure that last paragraph broke a few English language/mechanics/grammar rules.

I get to have a nap tomorrow! (Watch - now someone will want to look at the house between 12 and 2 most days.)

1 comment:

  1. I would have bought your house if it was for sale the same time as mine. Your is so much roomier than mine. I love your basement. I wish I could move but not for another year! Sorry about the dog. that really sucks. If you need anymore help PLEASE CALL!!! Mike and I are willing to help. He is your HT, put him to work! ;0)

    ReplyDelete