Tuesday, April 03, 2007

F inished and unfinished projects

Here are some things I've been working on. Some are done. Most are not.


The finished first.


I got the girls' Easter dresses made during General Conference. It's amazing how much better I listened while I had my hands busy than when I just sit in front of the TV and watch. Leah's is pink, Rebekah's is yellow.



Here is the quilt square that I was creating for my Enrichment Quilt Group. I didn't like the way it turned out, so I went for 'plan B' and ended up with this. The next pattern is paper-pieced sailboats for June.

Leah got her hair cut this morning. Her FIRST haircut (if you don't count the snip she took herself during the summer last year)! Here are before and after shots. It's still long, but seems so short to me. I'm just hoping that it will be 100% easier to comb through now.

Here is Leah's "name blanket." This is a reward that she's earning. Every day that she wakes up from a nap without crying, screaming, or being grumpy in any way (she has to "wake up happy"), she gets to put a sticker on a chart. After 30 stickers, she gets her blanket. So far she has 16 stickers. (She didn't earn one today.) I just have to put the top and bottom and batting together.

And this is my "in-over-my-head" "eternally-unfinished" project. I'm quilting the quilt from last year's quilt group. This is only half of it. I'm not even 1/4 through it. But won't it be nice when it's done?

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible Arlyn. I wish I could do sewing like that. I started doing a quilt for all my kids but Zach is the only one that got one. I love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Arlyn, I enjoyed your whole page. Didn't find the secret message, but I'm not very smart right now. You are so talented! I'm in awe. Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete