Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Rush

The Christmas season is upon me. My list of things to do is large and looming. I feel like I jump from one project to another, with hardly anything to show for it. Add to that, Christmas activities and concerts, etc. and I'm feeling this time between now and Christmas as more and more threatening.

I haven't lost sight of the "reason for the season." We are trying to keep things several notches below the "gimme" stage around here. But I do have a lot of special gifts I'd like to make and that is where I'm feeling the pressure. I have to consciously remind myself that it's important to stop work in Santa's Workshop to hug and hold my kids or even actually feed them.

We had an Enrichment activity this past week to go to an assissted living center to sing songs for the residents. I had a medley of songs prepared, but a slow, killer cold had hit it's peak that night and cancelled my number (and my voice). So all that practicing and for naught!

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional was this past Sunday. We suffered through it with the rest of the people around us. It seems "someone's" kids were feeling their 5th hour of church of the day and letting everyone around them know it! (If you can't tell who's kids they actually were, you haven't read many of my blogs.) I spent most of the meeting in the Young Women's room with the speaker turned up as Rebekah patrolled the hallways. I heard something about cracked shortbread in Pres. Monson's talk.

Tonight we went to a Stake musical program. The Primary had a couple of numbers. We watched Rebekah roam around making friends with most of the people sitting in the overflow and tried to convince the kids that it was worthwhile to sit on the hard, slippery folding chairs. We gave up at 7:45PM and left 3 songs before the end of the program.

Chad's in Las Vegas tomorrow. Thursday is full from morning to evening with events, including the company Christmas party (and bonus check). Friday is the Ward Christmas party, held concurently with Daniel's dress rehearsal for Saturday night's big TaVaci Christmas Concert. See? My week is already gone before it's half over!

Meanwhile, Chad is updating the bathtub plumbing in the main bathroom. It's a mess in there. We have a nice view of moldy insulation and a mountain of tools. Anyone want to join in a tiling party?

So if it seems that I haven't been blogging very much (for the three of you that are keeping up), it's because I don't have time! It should be much calmer around here after the 25th. :)

1 comment:

  1. Let me give you the rundown: make cracked shortbread a part of your holiday tradition.

    There. That about summarizes the talk. :-)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete