Sunday, June 25, 2006

Fun in the SUN at Lagoon!

We went to Lagoon on Friday. It was the kids' first time, and the first time for Chad and I in quite a while! There were several thing there that I didn't recognize. I worked there the summer I was 16 (16 years ago for those of you who might be trying to do the math) and I had a lot of memories surface! We went with Grandma during her Stake Lagoon Day (thank you, Grandma) and a little of family & new friends. Here are a few pictures of all of us, goofing of and having fun. (Click on a picture to enlarge it.)


Everyone in line for the Terror Ride. Leah is already showing signs of terror. She didn't ride with us though...just got in for the picture.









Leah did enjoy the carousel. Here she is with Grandma at the end of the ride.









Daniel in an airplane. He didn't want to ride this ride at first because he thought it was a "baby ride." He was right, but when he saw that you could make the planes go up and down, he decided he could lower his standards just a bit! :)







Here are Leah and Nathan on the same ride.










Daniel and Nathan got to "drive" this car. I think the line was 10 or 15 minutes long and the ride was about one minute. Doesn't that figure?








While the boys were waiting in that line, Leah and I were in line for the little rollercoaster. We finally got in a car (after someone SHAMELESSLY cut in front of us and caused us to wait for the next go). We had been standing in the sun for over 15 mintues. Her face is so red!






This is the only ride all 3 kids rode at the same time. It was their 2nd ride (each) and I don't think Daniel knew it was a "baby ride" yet. :) They were so cute.







Rebekah's favorite ride was her stroller. She rode it more than anyone rode any other ride! She did get to ride the train, but was enjoying a refreshing bottle, so I don't think she got much from it. Even her cheeks are red from the heat. We Idahoans don't transition weather well!






Here are Chad and Daniel coming out of a water slide. My mom made me go on this despite my CLEAR PROTESTS that I didn't want to get wet again. We had been on a very wet ride earlier that I was still trying to get dry from. I was pushed and pulled to the line and Chad was pressured from the rest of the group. I went down with Nathan who seemed to have absorbed most of the water for me. What a good boy. I got the least wet of everyone that went. Chad had water dripping from his face. :)



Here are Grandma and Rebekah hiding out in the shade.









Of course, kids are kids and we did have a few tears. Isn't this the sadest face you've ever seen? (I mean Leah's, not mine.)








We spent most of our time waiting in lines. They sure look eager to get in there, don't they?







We had an "Old Time" photo taken in Pioneer Village. It was really easy for our family to not smile. I don't think we could have gotten Nathan to smile if we wanted to. The boys are soldiers...Confederate & Union. I thought that would be fitting since they fight so well. Brother against brother...history repeating itself! Hopefully, Lagoon will have better things to do than chase me down for posting this tiny copy of a copyrighted picture!



We were tired all the next day, but I think the kids really enjoyed themselves. I felt bad for the kids that they didn't get to try more things, but they probably don't know that they missed anything. We can go again next year and they will think they're doing everything for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. i love this old fashion picture! i've always wanted take one with my family :-)

    ReplyDelete