Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Goodies

I spent over 7 hours in the kitchen yesterday, working on Christmas cookies. I used 3 different recipes and doubled all of them. I had 32 bags (5 of them are left overs to use if someone brings an unexpected gift) to fill. Even after all that baking, the bags looked pathetically empty! Chad and I each made a trip to the grocery store to buy candy to help fill up the bags. The candy just fell into the cracks around the cookies...didn't take up much more space. Oh well. This year's offering will help to make next year's offering that much better (Note to self: Get smaller treat bags next year). I took the boys with me around the neighborhood to deliver some of them. Nathan got cold enough that he didn't want to get out of the van anymore. It's COLD out there!

Rebekah has been fighting a cold for what seems like forever now. She's been sleeping in her swing just to be able to breath. It sounds so gooey in her nose and hearing her try to nurse is horrible. When will this end? I'm not looking forward to getting her to sleep in her crib once she can breath normally. I try not to turn the swing on too much at night so she doesn't have to break that addiction, too! A 3 month old with a runny nose...lovely.

I'm nearly done with Christmas. The shopping is all done. I have some sewing to do (some not yet started) and some work on the computer. I'm still working on new stockings. I'm making 7 for our family (for any extra babies that might come) and one for B. This may be a lesson I'll never learn. I always have a ton of projects going on at this time of year.

And now I'm off to watch "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" while I crochet trim for the stockings!

2 comments: