Monday, March 07, 2016

14 Days of Valentines 2016

Our tradition is alive and well.  This year was the 17th year to honor the holiday of love.  And it was the first year that Chad had a theme for his gifts to me.  He made everything a sign of some kind or included a sign in some way.

This sign hanging across the driveway was clever.


I didn't have a sign theme.  But I did make sure to fill Chad's truck with balloons.  That's kind of a tradition.


Joseph and Sarah helped blow up balloons for me.  It's a good thing they have such chubby cheeks to help them fill up nearly 70 balloons.  Yeah.  They probably get credit for 4 or 5.


I did make some truffle type things.  They were an interesting first time activity.  Thankfully, we have a lot of kids to help Chad eat them.  Except for Nathan, he tasted the minuscule amount of peanut butter in them and wouldn't eat any.


Chad did put a keep out sign on the bathroom door and had the tub filling for me.  I turned on the jets
to get the bubbles going.  Unfortunately, the switch to turn it off can't be reached from the tub, and it isn't on a timer.  So things got a little overwhelming for a while.  I finally got Chad to respond to a text and come turn things off!



But not before the bubbles got so high that they started spilling out of the tub.  I was laughing as I spit them out of my mouth and blew them out of my nose.


I did make a couple of signs myself.  I had the kids help me quickly cover the back of his truck after school one day.


Chad also got the kids in on the fun.  They made these little signs and he lined the driveway with them.








They looked a little bigger in person.  :)


When we lived in Las Vegas about 14 years ago, and I was only on the third or fourth year of Valentines, one of Chad's coworkers mentioned that I would not keep it up for very long...after a few kids came along.  I guess we showed him!  

1 comment: