Sunday, December 11, 2011

I love you

It's interesting to me that there are so many ways to express love to someone. Sometimes, we find it really easy to say those words or make ourselves understood. Other times, it is really a puzzle to figure out how to make ourselves understood.

I think when we find ourselves trying to say we love someone, it's important to wait around a while and see if they got the message. It's possible that they don't receive messages on the same channel that we're sending them.

If you find yourself in that situation, don't sit and wait for the person to flip through the channels until they find the one you're sending your message through. I promise you that they will hear your words, but they won't understand them in their hearts. If you really want to communicate your love, you need to change your channel to match theirs.

Does it seem like I am trying to make a point? Heck, yeah. But I'm getting closer to throwing all the channels out the window instead of pretending that I understand words I hear. That is not my channel you're using!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope that you get things worked out. Communication issues can be so HARD.

    I know that I am really, really bad at letting people know how I feel about them, so I'm pretty sure that you don't know how much I like and admire you. And I have from the first time I met you when I was hoping that you would be part of our family. That admiration has grown through the years; I love the way you write, your crafting talents are amazing, and I love,love,love the traditions you have created for your family. I'm glad I can claim you as a sister--I really wish I was better at being a sister.

    ReplyDelete