Sunday, May 07, 2006

Easter!

I planned ahead for Easter this year. It seems we always forget to color Easter eggs and then cram it into Saturday night, along with whatever else we plan. So I made it the FHE activity and was ready nearly a week early. It was nice just knowing that they were done. The night before Easter, I was making a quick trip to the grocery store and won an Easter basket with candy and cheap-o toys in it (at least it was free). When I came home, I told the kids that I'd met the Easter Bunny at the store and he sent them this Easter basket. Daniel was very skeptical! So they had fun ripping into the basket.


That night we set out the kids' Easter baskets and scattered some plastic eggs around the house. It looked like a pastel Santa had visited! All the kids were pretty excited and Daniel lost most of his skepticism. (He's easily convinced!) It rained that afternoon, so we hunted for our decorated eggs inside. When Daniel questioned why the Easter Bunny didn't hide those, too, I told him that he was too busy and asked us to help with that part. We found all the eggs (we double counted to make sure), B even helped.




After dinner that night we had an Easter Bunny cake (not the real one of course, that would put a damper on next year!) and it was very cute! I may have out-done myself. I don't know if I'll ever get really creative with cake. I just really prefer to eat it. Anyway, it was a good Easter, and we made a valiant effort to include the real Easter story in it all.










No comments:

Post a Comment