Monday, August 01, 2011

Short Curse

My kids are short. My boys really got the "short end" of that deal. Nathan is at least 1/2" shorter than Leah...they are two grades apart in school.

I don't know why it hits the boys so much harder than the girls. I wish I could give them enough hugs to start a series of growth spurts. (At the very least, a swift kick in their rear ends!)

This year, the American Academy of Pediatrics came out with new safety seat guidelines. They increased the front seat age requirement to 13 instead of 12. And they set the height at 4'9" for moving out of a booster. None of my children are that tall. None of my children will be that tall in the next two years (unless I can get that hugging idea to work).

Idaho state law is only that they are in a booster until 7. So I won't be fined the $79 if they aren't in one, but I never want to have the "if only" in the back of my mind.

"If only they'd been using the booster, they wouldn't have such serious injury after that crash."

Is it worth hearing complaining EVERY time we climb in the van if I never have to have that thought. I guess it depends on which side of the crash we're on...before or after.

I can fit 5 booster/car seats in the van. I don't know about 6.

Wow...our trip to Disneyland this year is looking to be so much FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment