Thursday, August 04, 2011

Bye-bye braces!

Daniel's teeth were freed from confinement this morning. He is the proud new owner of straight upper teeth (the braces were only on the top).

I took before and after pictures outside the orthodontist's office.

Before:


After:


(Apparently, he shrunk in that dental chair.)

When I got a good look at him after we walked out, I was amazed at how huge his teeth are! They have been hiding behind wires for 19 months. Wowzers. His teeth are bigger than his parents'.

All these big teeth spell trouble...there's not enough room for all of them. He's already had two permanent teeth pulled and now he has to get two more pulled to make room for the next one growing in. Crazy.

But he's sure got a nice smile. It's hard to believe he's gotten even more handsome! ;)

He gets a retainer in a couple of days. Fortunately, he only has to wear it 12 hours a day. I wish my orthodontist had said that for me...20+ years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment