Sunday, February 22, 2009

FAT

No, I'm not complaining about my ever-widening waistline. Although, I can understand how you would make that mistake. I've calculated that I won't be able to seriously diet and shed noticeable pounds until after the baby is weaned. I'll be 37. Ugh.

The Fat I am referring to is the stuff that makes food taste good. I learned something interesting when I was pregnant with Leah; I can't eat low fat foods when I'm pregnant. That year I was in the middle of an eDiets crusade and doing quite well. Suddenly, the Lean Cuisine lunches that I had been enjoying for lunch nearly every day became stuck in my throat and I had to stop eating them.

So lately, I've been eating a lot of fatty foods. Just what I need. I wasn't able to shed any of the pregnancy pounds from Joseph, so I'm already in trouble. It's gotten so bad that I had to have Chad buy my a bottle of regular mayo because the light stuff tastes so nasty. It's burritos, ramen noodles and lots of gooey, fat-filled mayo for me! Bring on the Big Macs and fried chicken( just don't cook it around me). Put the heart-healthy stuff away for now. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

5 comments:

  1. I loved Big Mac's when I was pregnant with Jacen....still do. Just eat them with a salad and water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say if it stays down eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another 'if it stays down eat it' sort of girl when I'm pregnant. Whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the couch. My favorite place when I'm pregnant. That and my BED!

    ReplyDelete