Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I smell wallpaper paste.

It's nearly 9 PM. The boys and Rebekah are sleeping (why the heck aren't I?). Leah keeps crying from her room, but I figure it's better for both of us if I ignore her. I have spent my free moments (meaning Rebekah didn't demand my attention), stripping wallpaper in Chad's office. That was some ugly wallpaper! Most of it came off easily, but one (rather large) wall was quite a challenge. I think they pasted on pre-pasted wallpaper. I had to soak it repeatedly to get it off. I'm glad it was only one wall though. Now my hands are all dry and red. I smell like a combination of wallpaper paste and DIF.
Daniel went back to school today after a 2 week Potato Harvest break. It's amazing how much of my patience he required even though he was gone half the day! Leah and Nathan have discovered that they can fight. Lovely. Now I'll have 3 of them going at it at a time. That's when the phone will ring.
Chad has been in Las Vegas today, wooing clients and delivering pig meat. I wish he was here to woo me (minus the pig meat). All I really want is a good back rub and a sympathetic ear.
Now I need to go write Thank You notes for all the dinners that were brought in while I had my gall bladder adventure. I have dishes that need to be returned. I think I'll finish off the fruit cocktail (what I really want is chocolate cake and an enormous glass of whole milk).

No comments:

Post a Comment